Qualifications for Membership of AICA
Candidates are elected by their peers, by secret ballot. To be eligible, they must produce evidence of sustained activity over the previous three years, in one or more of the following areas :
- Daily/periodical press, or broadcasting on radio, Tv or video, or in the electronic media
- Publication of works of art history, aesthetics or criticism Teaching of art criticism, art history, aesthetics, curating, or art, at higher or tertiary level
- Curatorial work and analysis for educational or scholarly purposes, including the production of scholarly or critical texts for museums or galleries, whose principal aim is not essentially commercial
How to become a member?
To become a member of ABCA / BVKC [Association Belge des Critiques d'Art / Belgische Vereniging van Kunstcritici], we invite you to send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your file should contain the following documents [ * .pdf or * .doc (x); if necessary through wetransfer.com or alternative*]:
1. A letter of introduction
2. A comprehensive CV
3. A selection of your most representative published critical texts on contemporary art.
These documents will be evaluated by peer review and proposed with an evaluation to the Board. In case of a positive evaluation by the Board your candidature will be proposed for acceptance to the General Assembly which takes place in June every year. If the GA accepts your application, you will have become a member of the national section and you will be invited to pay your annual fee (€ 70) for the current year.
An international form will then be sent to you and returned to us duly completed permitting us to present your candidacy to the International Association AICA [Association Internationale des Critiques d'Art] before the Annual General Meeting in Paris (early March) or before the annual Congres (end of September, beginning of October). And if your candidacy is assessed positively, you will be sent you personal international membership card.
Thank you for your interest in our association.
* When using this service, please send us a message notifying us you did so; thank you.